Tuesday 27 March 2012

DAY 7

New to this? Check out the First Post

DAY 7

Energy level: Improved (even more)
Attitude: Optimistic and happy
Physical Condition: Back to normal

First of all I want to say "Happy Birthday" to Nathan - you are the best partner anyone could ever have  :-)

Today was an early visit to the hospital and there were even more members of the Dressing Gown Club around at 9am. In fact there were so many that some were using LA3 (my machine) as well as LA4. I was very taken with a red silk number I spotted waiting on the sofas. Luckily I didn't have to wait long for my turn and it seemed to go even quicker than usual - in fact I hadn't even had time to work out what the song of the day was.

It was still chilly outdoors first thing, but it soon warmed up once we got back home.
Everyday the postman brings something different and new. In fact I thought even he was early this bright day, but the first time I rushed to the door on hearing a clunk, it turned out to be a menu from the local kebab house. 30% off everything on Tuesdays though so I was tempted.

When the actual post did arrive I got a card from Auntie Lorna, who I haven't seen for a long time. It was lovely of her to remember me, as she was an auntie-in-law really. It was a lovely letter. Aren't people kind?

Later Tracy came round very briefly (as I'm "at risk" from infections this week, due to the chemo, and am not supposed to see anyone) and brought a great Thank-You card from Caroline and the Keele Poets at Silverdale. It was the end of their academic year and they won't be back in the library until October. Also included was one of their booklets: Keele Drafts. I had a very pleasant afternoon, on my swinging seat in the shade, reading the poems these talented poets had written. Sipping my ginger ale, ice clinking gently. I especially loved the limerics, in tribute to Edward Lear's 200th anniversary. Funny stuff :-)

I have been having a craving for chips and mushy peas for some days now and I couldn't resist the urge any longer. So, this evening we had a little stroll to the Porthill chipppie and purchased some. Now, there was a chance that they wouldn't actually taste as good as I was imagining they would, but it had to be done.

I have to report that they were delicious, and I kept pinching some of Nathan's too when he wasn't looking :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment