Sunday 3 February 2013

Is it really a YEAR???

New to this? Check out the First Post

It seems like ages since I blogged last - but now I have got a week off so I'll be able to catch up and let you know how things are going.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the consultant team - it is six weeks since my last one on Christmas Eve! I'll let you know how that goes.

Meanwhile we have been celebrating because on 31st January it was exactly twelve months since I had my surgery to remove all the cancer on my neck. I remember just afterwards not being able to eat much - or speak properly - what a difference a year makes. I feel perfectly normal again now!! Heehee - if I ever WAS normal!!

Do you remember the photo from 4 days after the op? Click here to go back in time :-)

So to celebrate me being able to eat without pain - we went to one of our favourite places in Newcastle - The Blue Chilli - highly recommended if you like Thai Food. We only discovered last week that it had actually moved from King Street (near the roundabout with the fountains) to opposite Brunswicks. It is above the shoe shop near Hacking Ashtons Solicitors.

We can report that the food is just as good and the service still extremely friendly. We did pop into The Rigger for a drink beforehand - I really like the beer  pumps shaped like guitar necks. It was pretty quiet in there as it was early - although one girl was very much the worse for wear. We saw her friends walking her around outside until a taxi arrived and they put her in it - then came back into the pub to carry on partying. Hope she was okay!!            



New Blue Chili
We walked down to the Blue Chili in the rain and walked up the stairs. it is so nice and light up there - with their new chandeliers and  great views over Newcastle.

The bar is pretty well stocked although no real ales so Nathan and I shared a bottle of Rose wine and Laura had Malibu and lemonade.

The men has changed and seems to have more choice - although my favourite Gloden Chicken is still there. I couldn't resist it - so I ordered it with some of their wonderful coconut rice and crispy noodles.


New Chandelier
Fun at the Lymestone Vaults
Laura went for a Yellow Curry with tofu and Nathan tried a chicken curry - also with coconut rice. It was pretty good! When we came out it wasn't so wet - so we walked into town to the Lymestone Vaults - so N could get some real beer! It was heaving (well it was Friday night!) but we squeezed our way to the bar - and then were lucky enough to find a sofa free that we could sit on. After a couple of drinks we decided to move on - but y them most places were charging to go in! So we went to a cafĂ© bar down near the job centre, where it was free to get in. That was also very busy so we came home after that. Got a taxi home and the driver thought it was hilarious that Nathan told him to go back via Buffet Gardens - instead of Buffet Island. he kept saying that he was going to go in and tell them they should change their name - they'd do loads more business as it was a much better name!

He was very funny - much better than the taxi driver we had going - who didn't say a word - just had Radio Stoke on really loud with some phone-in programme about what people thought of the manager.
We'd had a lovely night though - and now I have a week off and have all kind of adventures planned including a trip to London for another Microsoft Event at Modern Jago.


Lymestone Vaults
I will keep you all updated as the week progresses...

















No comments:

Post a Comment