Sunday 25 November 2012

Four weeks go by so quickly!

New to this? Check out the First Post

Hello

I have my regular four-week check-up tomorrow. It doesn't seem two minutes since the last one! I can't believe how fast they come around again. Must mean I'm keeping busy :-)

Well, I have started my Christmas shopping :-) Had a quick visit to Hanley on Wednesday afternoon with Janet. (Get well soon J!!) No I didn't injure her or wear her out shopping til we dropped - but she wasn't well the next day! I think I might do the rest online - it's getting far too risky to go to a crowded shopping centre. You never know what germs you might pick up!!


Serenaded while we ate
This week we tried out another new restaurant. Nathan said he'd seen a new place opened up in Newcastle - called Primus Bar and Grill. So on a very rainy Thursday night we decided to go and check it out.

It was pretty empty - but I think that was because it was such a filthy night outside - and there weren't many people about anywhere!

We were shown to a table downstairs by the bar - slightly disappointing as I wanted to go up the grand, sweeping chrome staircase to see what was upstairs.


Glitzy and very red!
 The menu looked intriguing - not a massive choice but unusual offerings - such as Pork Wellington. That is what N chose. I went for the chicken in parma ham with herby roast potatoes. There was quite a wait - which meant that they were cooking everything from scratch.While we were waiting the young bespectacled waiter who had seated us, suddenly got up, picked up a guitar and started to sing! he was great. He did Ed Sheeran songs, some Oasis, Stereophonics and David Grey. We really enjoyed listening to him, and made the wait for food very pleasant. Then the piping hot meals arrived and they were delicious. Beautifully presented and extremely tasty.  I loved the chicken and the gravy was yummy - it also came with cabbage and apple. N loved his pork Wellington with apple champ.

We decided to have desserts as the mains were so nice. I thought the Rum Ba-Ba would be nice as I'd had them a long time ago. I remembered them as doughnut shaped and soaked in rum. What arrived was a raisin sponge cake in custard. I have no idea why. N was happy with his chocolate fudge cake - especially as it came with chocolate custard! I tasted that - it was nice :-) So overall a good experience. It was a little lonely as there were so few people in there - but the live music made up for that. Definitely worth a visit!

We saw quite a lot of floods today - going over to Cheadle to see my parents then on to Stone to see N's. The A34 is still closed completely at Meaford. We had to find another way home. Hopefully there won't be too much more rain this week......







No comments:

Post a Comment