Tuesday 7 August 2012

Back to the Hospital

New to this? Check out the First Post

Hello

Today I was back in outpatients. I had an appointment with Mr Narayanan's team, to see what they thought about my mysterious blip on my scans. I actually saw one of his assistants - a very nice lady consultant. She looked at the scan and told me that the lump in my left breast was only just over a centimetre in size. She seemed pretty confident that if it hadn't changed between my fist scan last year and the latest one in June then it was almost certainly benign, Malignant tumours "don't stay quiet!"

She examined me and said she couldn't see or feel anything at all. She went off to consult with her colleagues and they said they will give me a mammogram just to be completely sure. So I am back there next Wednesday for that to be done.

I have had a busy week so far. I was in work all day Monday and this morning and I've had quite a few people in. I am quite excited as I have a great company called Art Brasil coming into the library to hold a free Jungle Drumming workshop for our customers. I remember I once went to a Japanese Drumming concert in Hanley and it was amazing! I would love to have a go myself. I hope I get chance to join in too! It's going to happen on Friday 31st August - come along if you fancy a go!

On Monday I had the Book Group in - first time I have seen them since I got back to work. I was a little concerned that they seemed to have dwindled down to three or four people. I guess it is summer - and we do have better attendance in the winter months. It was lovely to see some of them. We are going to read Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel this month. I have to say that I was a little shocked when the vicar's wife suggested we read Fifty Shades of Grey! I am not sure if she was entirely serious. We have had a few requests for it - usually over the phone. I think our customers are too embarrassed to come in and ask for it face-to-face!

Remember back in January, before my big operation, when I went up to the place of my birth - Nelson?  We had a fun weekend with aunties and cousins and uncles. My Uncle Paul was also having to undergo a cancer operation so we said that we'd all meet up again in August when we'd both recovered? Well, this weekend is the big reunion! We are both doing well and feeling good so we are off to Nelson again (Paul is coming up from London) and we are going to be eating pie and peas and drinking beer and wine. Should be fun. Looks like the weird summer weather is going to be kind to us - might even be sunny. Back in January it was snowing up North :-)

Buddy on the bed - where he's not allowed


In case you are wondering how Buddy the cat is getting on after his grass swallowing antics - he is pretty well. Hew has a little cough now and again - for sympathy I think. He;s back to normal though - eating, drinking sleeping and getting into places he shouldn't - like our bed!






No comments:

Post a Comment