Wednesday 13 May 2020

Life in the Time of Coronavirus 6


Had a staff meeting via Zoom the other day. It was the first time I had used that kind of software - I had no idea what I looked like on camera - or even if my whole head was on there. I did se one or two others from Box Office - glimpsed Lou and Lyndsay. Looked like Lou was in the theatre and Lynds was at home. Random staff just popped up on my screen before we started - not sure why!

When it started I saw Hayley from HR and she handed over to Fiona at home. She was having rouble with her internet connection - so kept disappearing - in the end she did audio only. Her house looked lovely and light though. All white with lots of bookshelves. Maybe it was one of those Zoom faux backgrounds that you can download. I wanted to get a gallery view so I could see who else was listening in - but I couldn't see what to press and didn't want me to pop up on everyone's screen.

 The gist of the meeting was that they have got a new schedule of plays and concerts that could start from September - but they can't go ahead and make it public until the government say that they are allowed to open. No-one knows when that will be. Fiona did say that those of us that are on furlough will be asked to use some of our holidays while we are off as they don't want people coming back and being owed loads of holiday or lieu time.  

That was all they could say really. Pete had said a couple of weeks ago that some theatres he knows have decided to abandon everything until their Christmas shows.  

After that meeting there was an article in The Stage by Cameron Macintosh saying that West End Theatres won't open before 2021 - unless the social distancing rules are relaxed soon.
Tasty Lemon Drizzle Cake

Pale green fences - much brighter!


One resident in the Insect Hotel!

Still keeping busy painting the fences in the yard and baking. cooking loads. All three of us are in for all three meals a day. I've never spent so much time in the kitchen! 


No comments:

Post a Comment