Wednesday 7 May 2014

Cast not a Clout...

New to this? Check out the First Post

Hi!


Meet Donald and Daisy
Here we are in May already! It hasn't been a bad day - I like it when the days get longer and warmer. We went over to Stone today to see Nathan's parents. They've been having some demanding visitors lately and we went to check them out.
Sure enough they turned up on cue. If there is no food outside for them - they come and rap on the window with their beaks!



Quite a few things are happening this month. There is the first ever play to be performed in Silverdale Library featuring Joy Winkler - former Poet Laureate of Cheshire. We are really looking forward to it - and we only have 2 tickets left!. It has even been featured in The Sentinel. I am pretty excited - it will be a first for Silverdale. It is the story of a woman returning to the town where she was brought up in search of her birth mother. People who have seen it before have likened it to the monologues of Alan Bennett. :-) We are also providing refreshments and CAKE!

I will post pictures from the event next week!

Also on Saturday it is Eurovision - so we will be having our usual family party. This time round at my mum and dad's house in Cheadle. Cue silly hats and party food from round the world!

Before that though - we are going to do something we've never done before - go on a tour of a warehouse! My brother works for Sainsbury's Distribution and they are having an Open Day. He invited us to go - so we thought Why not? Could be interesting! We drive past it n awful lot - so at least we'll get to see how it looks inside! Not sure if we get any free samples like you do at Cadbury World!

Also this month N and I are going on a little holiday - to Jersey! N has been there before - for work - but hasn't had chance to explore properly. I have never been - so am looking forward to that! The Grand Jersey Hotel looks pretty nice. We need a break before the next Education fair. That will be in June - the Sunday Times Festival of Education. So, we need to recharge our batteries before then!!

Also we have a few birthdays to celebrate in May - Nathan's mum's and my dad's - as well as my good friend Janet's. Talking of Jan - she came over a few nights ago for a game of Settlers of Catan. It is a board game that we have recently got into - thanks to Jan buying me one for my birthday! So, she came over, we had pizza and chocolate fudge cake - and she beat us all!
 It is a game of strategy - and she was pretty good. We need a rematch!!


Damn You Autocorrect!!
I also had her in fits of giggles when I showed her my two Damn You Autocorrect books. They are the only things that literally make me laugh until I cry! They are just examples of text messages where the autocorrect feature has altered something without the sender realising. Usually into some QUITE different from what was meant. The replies are funny - from various shocked friends or relatives! I can only read a few pages at a time or I can't breathe!!


Laura had a birthday last month and we went to Derby for the day. We also made her a vegan cake! It is a chocolate cake and it was pretty nice actually.

Happy Birthday Laura!
 In Derby we had fun in the Westfield Centre - tried on a few hats and checked out the Bunnification Station. It was Easter time so they were offering to paint your face like a bunny and give you some bunny ears. However for some strange reason it was just for kids.

Disappointing!

Does it Suit Me?

 

Looking Good!







No comments:

Post a Comment