Monday 3 December 2012

Christmas is Coming....

New to this? Check out the First Post

I can tell because I've received my very first Christmas present! It was a very nice surprise - it was given to me by the Lace Ladies who use the library rooms every Tuesday. It was their last session of the year - so Sue presented me with a lovely card and a beautifully wrapped present. It is very exciting :-)
Wonder what it is?

I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. This week I actually did my first FULL week at work. Yes I am officially back full-time. It feels great! To celebrate Tracy and I put up the library Christmas tree on our first Saturday together for ages. It was fun - and I think it looks pretty nice.
Small but perfectly formed...
 I had forgotten what it was like when we used to do Saturdays. We used to always have a little treat for our tea break - like toasted teacakes or crumpets. I only remembered that when we were going home. I will get back into it soon I'm sure.

So what else has been happening? Well on Friday I went to physiotherapy back at Bradwell Hospital. I had been doing the exercises - but had found one particularly difficult - lifting my right arm right up sideways. However - I did tell him that they were helping - as the tingling in my fingers has reduced by a lot. The Consultant had said this was due to stretching the nerves. The physio said that I should persevere - and to prove that I could do it - he lifted my arm right up above my head. it did hurt - but at least it can still go that high. He gave me another sheet with new exercises on just to help this.

I have to go back in two weeks.

When Nathan lived in Stone we used to pop into the Lymestone Brewery quite often to see Brad and find out what was going on. This week brad had exciting news - his first ever pub was opening on Thursday in Newcastle. We decided to go down and show our support - and have a good look at it! it is opposite Holland and Barretts behind the estate agents there. In fact there's a little alley way to get to it. We went down there a little too early - and it wasn't open, so we went off to find something to eat until it was. We decided to try Fallon's Bar and Grill - as we had never been there before.

Plenty of Tables to Choose from


Understated Christmas decorations
 It was pretty quiet (with it being early) but the barman was very friendly and smiling and made us feel very welcome. He showed us the specials board and asked where we'd like to sit. There was plenty of choice!

They were playing some very retro music - but really good. Lots of eighties and even seventies Tamla Motown stuff.

However when the food arrived it was absolutely delicious! I had opted for the chicken and leek pie - which took a while but was so tasty. Home-made with a creamy sauce and rich gravy and hand cut chips that were perfectly crisp. N had the home-made burger which was thick and meaty and came with the same yummy chips. We would definitely go back again.

When we'd eaten all that we thought the new Lymestone Vaults would be open. Sure enough it was. We were met by the smell of new paint and log fire as we entered. There were a few people in - but not many. The choice of beer included some Lymestone favourites - but also other guest ales. I chose half a Fiery Fox - a red cider that was still and smooth. Then we went past the bar and sat in the main lounge area. it really was like sitting in someone's front room! There were two leather sofas in from of a log-burning stove. There were a couple of dining tables and chairs behind - as well as a hat stand. The curtains made it feel homely too.


We enjoyed catching up with Mr M - our good CAMRA friend. Apparently the beer was very good! While we chatted and kept warm on a very frosty night the barman came and gave us some free duck and orange pie - which was nice! We wish the new venture all the success in the world!
N and M making themselves at home :-)

The Well-Stocked bar

Good Luck cards and Flowers for the first night..


Enjoying the Fire on a Frosty Night

Free Pie


No comments:

Post a Comment